Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


Hi I hope you had a great THANKSGIVING but to get back on track in G.T we have been working on a project were we must design a game were one sprite/character has to chase another character. I was thinking would this game be to hard for others or to easy so I made sure my game was at a medium kinda level. Then I started thinking is this game easy to control. NO! It was not I had to  fix it up so I looked it up and found out how to make my controls move more smoothly. After I thought everything was all good my sister tried out my game and she LOVED it so I knew my game was ready.

My sprites are one a little red character (Sprite 1) and second is a star (star). The star is moving randomly while sprite 1 is chasing it. When you are playing this game you must score 20 points to WIN!!! I wanted my game to be fun not that boring old game so I tried to make everything different and fun. Every 20-10 seconds the background changes and so dose sprite 1s costume. My game also has music because I didn't want my audience to be sitting in plain scilince.  When you get 20 stars the sound changes. My sprite also says something when you began my sprite says "Let's get those stars". Then when you catch the star 20 times it says "you did It". That's the basics of my game. ;)

I would have to say I ran into a few problems and out of those problems my biggest one was getting my sprite to jump ever time I went to make it jump it wouldn't jump or it would just stay in the air and fly around the place. So finally I got it to jump by putting a block that says when start forever if not touching black fall down -2. It was funny because that problem was very easy. Above all those problems were amazing codes like my best code but simple code was making my star move randomly across the screen (in my chase game). I used the block when start forever glide randomly between X -240 to 240 and Y -240 to 240. This made my star move randomly across the screen making it a little bit harder to catch the star. 

8 comments:

  1. I really like the sound effect when you touch the star it makes a ding.
    You should make up more levels to make it more challenging
    I really how your character ran smoothly across the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the creativity of your characters. However, you could have made the game stop after the goal. Again, just keep up the good work and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How your game works is really amazing, it doesn't have any bugs or wrong doings.
    If the star moves a little bit slower that would be a great adjustment.
    You met the requirements on having the user win and never lose, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the sprite you used! Really cute, but when I got 20 points the game didn't stop! I suggest on using a stop all block, but otherwise good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how in your game the player is chasing a star and not running. I think you could make it a little more challenging by adding something that maybe takes away 1 point. But Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how the sprite can move and jump easily. Maybe add a few more levels to make your games more challenging. Great job on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think its really fun and I like the sprite but i cant really jump with the spacebar.Try to use the up arrow block to make it easier or search on google.So far its awsome and I really like the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how your arrow keys worked smoothly!
    Although, I noticed that the up arrow keys didn't work! So, I couldn't get to the the next level.
    I also like the sprite and backdrop you used! Simple and neat!

    ReplyDelete